BMC’s Youth Leadership Project, Through the Youth Lens (TTYL), funded by the Ministry of Employment and Social Development Canada, through the Canada Service Corps Program aims to enhance immigrant and visible minority youths’ participation and engagement in social action and meaningful service opportunities both locally and regionally. This program will engage youth between the ages of 15-24 to build their leadership and communication skills; increase their engagement and level of participation in their school, community and civic processes and build their self-confidence/self-esteem while expanding their social network. The project will also help youth develop their sense of identity, learn diversity awareness and team-building skills as well as strive to meet their personal and social challenges.
- Youth between the ages of 15-24
- Motivated to learn and commit to 120 hours of meaningful volunteering
- Energetic and passionate to help others
Youth Leadership Training will be provided on:
- How to speak with confidence
- Developing critical listening skills
- Presentation and art of facilitation
- Media Training and much more
Certificate of Completion and Volunteer hours will be provided upon completion of the project.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org